Four grants SMEs can apply for in the wake of the floods

There are several grants you can apply for if your business has been affected by the flood disaster in northern New South Wales or southeast Queensland.

If that all sounds a bit too much, contact a qualified financial advisor from the Small Business Helpline – they offer a free service to help you find and apply for grants, concession loans and debt relief. invoice to help your business recover.

Here are four other grants available.

Telstra Local Flood Grants

Last week, the telecommunications giant confirmed at least $250,000 to help with flood recovery, with grants of up to $10,000 available in cash or technology for organisations.

This is in addition to previous announcements including the shipment of over 3,000 Smart Modems 2 to keep customers connected while repairs are underway.

Customers who were moved from their business were offered call diversion service to any Australian number, a 100GB data pack for customers on a mobile plan and 25GB plus free calls for prepaid customers.

The support also includes a free connection to a Telstra landline to a temporary address and a reconnection of the telephone line to the permanent address.

“Volunteers gave their time in really difficult conditions to keep their local communities safe. Whether it was SES, lifesaving or sports clubs, Rotary, Probus, neighborhood groups or even strangers, volunteers stepped up to rescue people, give them shelter, provide a hot meal and clean clothes and making sure they are taken care of,” says Telsta chief Andrew Penn.

You just need to fill out this form.

CommBank Flood Relief Grants

If you are an organization (for-profit or not) directly affected by the floods, or contributing to relief, recovery and resilience efforts, grants of up to $10,000 are available.

Relief refers to those who receive supplies and services that meet an immediate need in the community, or even a life or death situation.

Recovery is what helps to strengthen the community after the emergency response, while resilience is about improving education and awareness to better prepare for future disasters.

You must be located in areas affected by the Australian Government’s National Recovery and Resilience Agency and have an Australian Business Number (ABN) – but this is not open to individuals.

Businesses can also apply to defer their loan replays, repay merchant terminal fees for up to three months, and get early access to term deposit accounts.

All you have to do is apply here.

ANZ Disaster Relief Package

The Disaster Relief Package is for individuals and businesses affected by the floods, but the bank says it will tailor its support to the applicant’s needs.

Among ANZ’s offers are short-term payment relief on home loans, credit cards, personal loans and some business loans, as well as fee waivers for business loan restructuring and access to term deposits.

If you have ANZ Home and Contents Insurance, you may also be eligible for emergency funds and temporary accommodation.

All you have to do is apply here.

(Banking with someone else? Check out this super helpful resource from the Australian Banking Association for the information you need).

NSW and Queensland Storm and Flood Recovery Small Business Grant

Small businesses, sole traders and non-profits can apply for grants of up to $50,000 to clean up and restore operations in New South Wales and Queensland.

These may include craftsmen carrying out safety inspections, equipment and materials for cleaning, payment of a cleaner, removal of debris, repair of premises and interior fittings, rental of premises temporary and repair (or replacement) of vehicles.

Here’s how it works: Affected businesses in Queensland and New South Wales can get $15,000 upfront (if you provide photos and other evidence), then $35,000 for recovery costs and subsequent reopenings.

There are a few boxes you need to tick: you must have had an ABN, or if you are a charity, you must have been registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC), plus a few others.

Even small businesses outside the defined disaster area can apply if they operate part-time or regularly inside it and the equipment your small business owns has been damaged.

All you need to do is apply here if you are in New South Wales or apply here if you are in Queensland.